1. We have already started the Lenten season on Ash Wednesday. As a parish community, let us actively take part in the Lenten liturgical programmes organized in our parish.
Way of the Cross:
Wednesdays- 4.15 p.m. – Sinhala
Fridays – 5.00 p.m. – English
Saturdays – 4.30 p.m. – Tamil
The Sunday School children and parish associations can organize and take part in the Way of the Cross Liturgy the allocated days.
2. Parish Lenten Pilgrimage will be held on Sunday 15th March. The parishioners are encouraged to join this special community spiritual exercise. As a parish community we shall go to Maggona Calvary Shrine. You can contact the Organizing Committee or Parish Office for the tickets and further details. Kindly confirm your participation before 11st March (Wednesday). The buses will leave on 15th Sunday at 6.30 a.m.
3. We have arranged cottage masses on the zonal basis on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7.15 p.m. with the Lenten prayer and followed by the Holy Mass at 7.30 p.m.
4. The Archdiocesan Children’s Day will be held at Tewatta Basilica on the 7th of March, Saturday. The children from grade 6 onwards are kindly requested to participate in this diocesan programme. The buses will leave the premises at 6.00 a.m.
5. On the 5th of March, the 1st Thursday of the month, Rev Fr. Prasad Harshana, Fr. Kalana together with the Faith Animation Team will have the monthly Special Prayer Service and Blessing. It will begin with Holy Mass at 6.00 p.m. and will finish by 8.30 p.m. The Infant Jesus Novena will be held at 5.50 p.m.